Winter Saving Tips
Winters in the Chicagoland area can be extremely cold and cause you to crank up your thermostat. Due to higher thermostats, heating bills will rise. Follow some of our energy saving tricks so you can start saving on your bills during the winter!
- Seal drafts- Seal any drafts you might have coming from your windows or doors. Sealing them during the winter will keep the cold air out, and keep your home nice and warm.
- Lower your thermostat- No one enjoys being cold in their own home. However, lowering your thermostat in the winter will save you money. Try setting your thermostat lower at night and wear extra layers to keep warm and program it to a lower setting while you’re not home.
- Clean vents/change filter- If your vents are backed up by dust and debris, your heater will have to work harder to heat your home. Make sure all vents are cleaned before the winter season begins. It is also important to change the furnace filter before and after seasons to keep your air healthy.
- Use a humidifier- A humidifier will help lower the cost of your heating bills because it will retain the heat better, and prevent dry air in your home.
- Turn ceiling fans on – Ceiling fans are a great way to regulate the air in your home. If you keep them on low, the warmer air will not be able to rise as quickly and keep your home warmer.
Contact your Temperature Masters Inc expert to schedule an analysis of the benefits of these tips.
Call Temperature Masters Inc at (847) 836-7300.
To make an appointment with your Temperature Masters Inc expert! We’re ready to handle all your HVAC needs, from preventive maintenance and emergency repairs, to new system recommendations and installation.